Here are the best 10 best steps to build an online service business as a brand new sleep consultant:
1. Identify a need in the market: Determine what types of services as a sleep consultant are most in demand and where there might be a gap.
2. Define your target audience: We all serve families – mom’s in particular – but get real specific. Identify your ideal customer and understand their needs, pain points, and preferences. Where do they do? What do they do? Who are they. Walk along their journey and find the exact spot they need you and how you will serve them!
3. Develop your service offerings: Based on your research and understanding of customer needs, create a menu of services that will meet their needs.
4. Determine your pricing: Set prices that are competitive but also profitable for your business. Best tip I can give as a new sleep consultant – start low and work your way up as you build your reputation, trust and service.
5. Build your website: Your website should be easy to navigate and visually appealing. It should also clearly communicate the benefits of your services. And make sure you show your real self in photographs. This creates an instant connection with your potential client.
6. Create a content marketing strategy: Develop a plan to create and distribute valuable content that will attract your target audience. Find leaders in your local community and connect with them.
7. Promote your brand: Use paid and organic marketing tactics, such as social media, to get your brand in front of your target customers. Remember, show up where your potential tired mom is.
8. Set up a system for booking and payment: Use a tool like Calendly or Acuity to make it easy for customers to book appointments with you. Use a payment processor to accept payments.
9. Deliver exceptional service: Consistently exceed customer expectations and provide excellent service to build a loyal customer base.
10. Assess and improve: Monitor your performance and gather feedback from customers to continuously improve your service offerings and grow your business.