Self-Paced Course Taught By Experienced Experts
Online class content is taught by the most experienced instructors in their field, divided by topic, and each module contains video instruction, quizzes, homework assignments, and downloadable resources.
Scientific Knowledge with Hands On Training
With over 200 hours of self-paced content, mentorship, and volunteer hands-on-experience, our certification gives you the in-depth scientific knowledge and training you need to work with families with children 0-5 years old.
Live Support & Continued Education
Not only will you be guided by a live instructor throughout the program but you will have lifetime access into our monthly expert workshops, our private Facebook group, vault of continued education courses, and so much more.
Melissa is the founder and lead sleep instructor here at The Cradle Coach Academy. She is a certified maternity, baby and toddler sleep consultant and owner of The Cradle Coach. She has also received her certification as a Happiest Baby on the Block educator and a certified Newborn Care Advanced Specialist from the Newborn Care Training Academy.
Caley earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education and her Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from the University of Florida. For the past 11 years, she has worked in a variety of roles to serve families including: preschool teacher, early interventionist, behavior therapist, and now as a private consultant.
Jes is a National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach where she gets to take her clients on their own journey to wellness. She has various other certifications in Gut Health, Ayurvedic Medicine, Cancer Nutrition and Environmental Medicine. Jes considers herself a forever student because the more she can learn, the more she can help you.
Kerri is a registered nurse and has been working in the hospital since 2005, specializing in Neonatal Intensive Care and Postpartum Nursing. She received her certification as a Lactation Counselor and has been practicing since 2016. Kerri is also the assistant Clinical Manager at Jupiter Medical Center for Postpartum and Nursery in Jupiter, FL.
A pediatric sleep consultant is an expert in healthy sleep habits and techniques and guides parents in establishing a sleep plan customized to the personality and temperament of their child. A sleep consultant can also help parents resolve any issues that may be interfering with sleep and affecting the child’s well-being.
The certification is comprised of three components, divided into 24 modules:
- The Role of a Sleep Consultant
- Sleep Techniques Most Commonly Used
- Finding the Right Technique Based on Personality and Preference
- Creating a Foundation for Healthy Sleep
- The Breastfeeding Relationship
- The Newborn Guide: 0-6 months study
- The Importance of Nutrition
- The Most Common Sleep Challenges + How to Handle Each
- All About Naps
- The Toddler Guide: 18 months – 5 years old
- Emotional Strength for Toddlers
- Multiples, Twins and Adoption
- Case Scenarios
- Contains resources, homework assignments, quizzes and a final project at the end to make sure you’ve grasped all you need to learn for the role as a pediatric sleep consultant.
- Working with Clients: The Full Process
- Gathering the Information + Finding the Root Issues
- Discovery Calls – Dialogue and Techniques
- Building Your Custom Client Sleep Plans
- Presenting Your Sleep Plans + Training Your Clients
- Follow-up Support + Setting Clear Expectations
- Keeping Your System Organized
- Finding Volunteers + Reviewing Your Sleep Plans
- The volunteer experience hours include working with a minimum of 5 clients in different age ranges. You will find these clients and walk through the entire sleep process you will have learned. We don’t want you to just walk away from this experience with all the head knowledge – we want you to apply it while you have an instructor walking along side you. You will turn in each sleep plan you create to your instructor to review, critique and then you send them to your client once approved! In exchange for your service, your client will evaluate you and share you when you are launching your business or working for a consulting agency.
- The Business Foundation: The Heart Work
- Translating Your Message: Putting Shape to Your Company
- Logistics and Administrative To Do’s
- Developing Your Website
- Social Media + Marketing
- How to Gain Clients
- Volunteer Clients + Review of Sleep Plans
- This component comes along with The Cradle Coach Academy Business Launch workbook that allows you to dream, create and reach your goals as you walk through each module.
“I got motivated from Melissa since when i read her story! Me, same as her, is a mom who sleep trained her baby by herself and later one the babies of my friends and relatives. So i trusted her since that moment. Being a sleep consultant in my country it is not easy at all. It’s a new field and it need a lot of work to show people that there is a way to make them to sleep. But i am not afraid at all. I am sure i can do it because in this programme i got all the information that i need for the sleep of the babies and toddlers, how to deal with their parents and how to launch my own business. So, i have already started to do that and i am very satisfied. I recommend it.”
“I absolutely loved the TCCA sleep certification course and enjoyed every minute of it. In the beginning, I felt as if I wasn’t quite sure if being a sleep consultant was for me but the course gave me the confidence that I can do this! Why not me! Thank you very very much for these few months! Not only have I become certified but I have also learned a lot about myself throughout this journey, gained confidence and felt empowered for what’s ahead.”
“Becoming a student of TCCA was the best thing I could have possibly done! At the time of signing up, I had a 2 year old and was 4 months pregnant, so a lot of people thought I was crazy! Fast forward 9 months and I am now fully certified, with a bunch of happy volunteer clients eager to share my name in their circles, and am ready to launch my business. I couldn’t be more grateful to Melissa for her constant support and for creating such a comprehensive and affordable program that has given me the tools and confidence I need to get going. TCCA has been an absolute blessing, so if you’re a Mama’s like me who is searching for a new home-based career that is easily worked around family life and makes a real difference in the lives of fellow Mama’s, look no further! I honestly cannot recommend TCCA enough.”
You have the passion and desire to help families who are struggling with their child’s sleep, but still have some uncertainty about starting your own business, finding clients and marketing yourself. This is a normal feeling that many of our students have felt. Don’t let that stop you – there are options!
Upon completion of the infant and toddler sleep consultant course, we offer our students a list of the most reputable sleep consulting companies in the industry who are currently looking to employ certified sleep consultants! These companies have come to us knowing the depth to which we train our students and looking to hire.
Sign up to take a behind the scene tour of our live open house! Watch the virtual tour of our baby and toddler sleep consultant certification course and learn all that we offer our students here at The Cradle Coach Academy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Philosophy: While most programs educate on a specific method, at The Cradle Coach Academy we understand that every family and child are unique, so their sleep training methods should be too! Since we take a personalized approach to training, you will be educated on multiple approaches so you can guide your future clients to the method that they are comfortable with, and that suits their child’s personality and temperament! As a sleep consultant, you want to be sure you are seeing the entire situation from all angles, so we’ve brought in amazing instructors to continue the learning of sleep from each of their view points. This allows you to offer support and knowledge to your future clients.
- Our Program: Most of our students are busy moms, and we know what that’s like! The idea of starting a new career and launching a new business can seem daunting. The Cradle Coach Academy has made Sleep Consultant Certification possible wherever you are and no matter your workload. Our program is entirely online, making it possible for you to study from any part of the world, and is completely self-paced! And your instructor is with you, walking along the sleep journey alongside you, to answer your questions, take your knowledge further and help you to see things in a perspective you will need to have as a pediatric sleep consultant. While most students finish in about 3 months, you can make that time fly by quicker, or even slow it down if you need it. The choice is YOURS!
- Our Community: Upon graduation, The Cradle Coach Academy course helps you launch into a business that is 100% fully your own or gives your the proper information on how to get hired as a sleep consultant for an existing company! Either way, this doesn’t mean you’re alone in doing so. TCCA is a community of vibrant, goal-oriented, encouraging women that you will be part of for a lifetime! We have Q+A’s constantly being shared within our private Facebook community, special workshops and retreats for TCCA grads, and peer-to-peer mentorship that you will always have access to. You’re not in this alone, and we want all of our graduates to reach the heights of success. We’ll do whatever we can to help guide you there! And all of this is included in your initial tuition payment – no additional fees are included.
All of our students and graduates in TCCA who waited, wish they joined sooner.
In the words of one of our clients, Emily: “Before joining, I was on the fence for months and wish I’d known how clear cut all the lessons were, how valuable the assignments are, and how easy it is to take the course and have my questions answered. I hesitated because of the money and I was able to pay off my initial investment in less than two months. I can’t thank you enough for offering a program that gave me the full training I needed as a sleep consultant and now allowing me to pursue my passion while I am home with my babies! Thank you!”
Pediatric Sleep Consultants earn anywhere from $60-$150/hour and can easily make between $30,000-$150,000 + per year. How much you earn in this profession depends solely on how much work you put into it and how many clients you take on. If you are starting your own practice, you will have the freedom to create your own competitive pricing and set your own hours.
Yes!!! We’re an approved for training program from the International Institute of Complementary Therapists and we have students from all across the world. TCCA Sleep Certification program is also approved by the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants who has members across the globe.
Not necessarily. The Cradle Coach Academy will provide you with your sleep consultant certification upon completion of the program, allowing you to practice on your own or for another sleep agency. If you want to be part of The Cradle Coach team, you will need to apply after graduating the program, if there is an opening. Keep in mind, we don’t hire consultants unless they have graduated from our program, so once there is an opening on our team, we will only consider our graduates!
The Cradle Coach Academy Baby & Toddler Sleep Consultant Certification Course Outline:
module one: the role of a sleep consultant
module two: sleep techniques most commonly used
module three: healthy sleep foundations
module four: the breastfeeding relationship – lactation consultant
module five: the newborn guide 0-6 months
module six: the importance of infant and toddler nutrition
module seven: common sleep problems that occur and how to handle them
module eight: all about naps
module ten: all about toddlers
module nine: emotional well being in toddlers
module eleven: multiples (room sharing), twins and adopted children, traveling
module twelve: case scenarios
module one: the client process
module two: gathering the information and finding the root cause
module three: building your sleep plans
module four: presenting clients with their sleep plans
module five: follow-up support and setting boundaries
module six: adding delight to your client experience
module one: the heart work. laying the foundation.
module two: translating the message. putting shape to your company
module three: the nitty gritty, logistics and administrative
module four: developing your website and clarifying your message
module five: social media and the roadmap to marketing
module six: how to gain clients
Each module is around 1 hour long, 24 total lecture hours. The majority of the time requirements will be in your experience “practicum” hours where you are fine tuning all you are learning. With coursework the average total commitment is 200+ hours and can take anywhere from 3-5 months.
If we could change one thing about what we do, we would change the term “sleep training”. When people hear about sleep training, they automatically think they will be forced to let their child cry. As your sleep guide, our mission here at TCCA is to find the right method of sleep plan that suits each unique family and situation. We don’t practice with one program or one method. We educate on many methods and our goal always is for our clients to choose a method that is presented to them, that they are comfortable with, one that suits their child’s personality and temperament. We will offer our clients the guidance and support that is needed to make it through the process.
Once you have graduated from The Cradle Coach Academy, the yearly requirements to continue your membership will be to take two new continuing education course, and maintain your insurance and cpr certification.
Once you have graduated from The Cradle Coach Academy, the growth of the business is up to you. How much time, energy, and tenacity you want to see your business do is based off how much you’re willing to hustle and serve your clients well. We’ve had some graduates reimburse their full tuition payment in under 1 month and other’s it look 4-6 months after launching their business.
Once you purchase the course, you will receive a login and password to unlock the entire program. The course is all online!
Nope! Some students have waited, other students have launched, and some students have decided to use their certification to get hired at other postpartum care companies.